Technical Officer - Part Time
Would you like to help to shape the future of the Winchester District? Do you have an interest in planning? Are you organised and motivated? Are you looking for a challenge?
Winchester comprises a beautiful historic city centre and is a large district which includes a variety of different settlements. This poses a number of challenges and opportunities that we need to plan for.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Officer to support our busy Strategic Planning Policy team. The role is varied and exciting and you will take the lead role in mapping using GIS, data collection and monitoring, site visits, managing budgets and updating the website in order to support the preparation of the new Local Plan. The Local Plan process comprises a number of stages from consultation to examination and we are at a pivotal stage as we are starting work on our new Local Plan. This role will be responsible for coordinating the planning policy consultation process, supporting the team by undertaking technical and administrative tasks and acting as a main point of contact for the team. It’s an exciting time and a great opportunity to gain experience of the Local Plan process from the start.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated officer who thrives in a team environment, relishes a challenge and has a keen eye for detail. You will be a proactive team member with a desire to help develop and implement transformative ways of working, as well as working on your own initiative.
The successful candidate will have qualifications and experience that demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain data associated with information systems and strong ICT skills and experience using specialist software such as GIS, as well as the ability to provide specialist reports. A working knowledge of town planning would be desirable, but is not essential. You will also have experience working in a high pressured office working environment, and be able to demonstrate that you can manage a wide range of competing demands whilst being confident with new technology. If you love variety – this is the job for you!
Along with the opportunities set out above we also offer the following benefits:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Cycle to Work and Car Benefit salary sacrifice schemes
- Competitive annual leave per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking at the park and ride and free bus pass.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
If you would like any further information please call Adrian Fox on 01962 848278 for an informal discussion.
Closing date - 15th July 2020
Interview date - TBC